E27N Temp Gauge

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Stevo
True Blue

E27N Temp Gauge

Post by Stevo »

Hi again,
Thought I'd use my new found picture posting abilities to see if anyone knows if the face on my temperature guage is correct. quite some time ago I managed to remove the temp guage from Milton, took about two months and constant applications of penetrating oil but after afew worrying siezures I managed to get it out without snapping it off. The glass was cracked and the face had lost its details, I took it to an instrument fitter who stripped and serviced it and replaced the face with what he said was the correct one, I was happy to get it working so never questioned what was printed on the new face but it appears to be the International Harverster logo. Any one know wether this is correct or should it have Fordson in there as I would assume. By the way the guage works perfectly.
Regards,
Stevo

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Steve,

The Temperature Gauge for the Fordson has a black background (not white) and, of course, the IH logo is not there. The rest of the dial face is quite accurate.

The Temp Gauge for our tractors was made by a company called Flexdrive of Moonee Ponds, Melbourne. They made gauges under licence to the Stewart Warner Company of the USA. Maybe this is where the similarity to the IH dial face came from. Instead of the IH on the dial face, our gauges had the letters FD (two different styles).Some had an emblem similar to a trumpet and others had nothing at all there. I have two new ones here, still in their boxes, and I have just checked them. I have also seen plenty of Inter ones with the black face, but none like yours with a white face.
BarryM

Stevo
True Blue

Post by Stevo »

Hi Barry,
Thanks for the reply, thought as much, what a bummer :( something else to keep an eye out for. I think Aussie Frank was having some faces screen printed up quite some time ago, wonder if his are accurate. They regassed the tube but I have no idea as to how, I remember them saying it took some time to work out how to do it.
Regards,
Stevo

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Stevo,

Could you give us the name of the company that repaired your Gauge in Brisbane. We get a lot of enquiries for E27N Temp. Gauges.

And, Aussie Frank,
Did you ever get those Temp. Gauge Faces done?
BarryM

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Barry,

I am still having trouble with the logo on the graphic. My gauge had a grey background with what appeared to be an international harvester symbol that was over printed with another logo in red. I would love a picture of a gauge where the logo is still visible. The rest of the graphic has the same font and color apart from the background and logo as Stevo's gauge.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Frank,

We can send you photos of the gauge. Both versions.
Is your postal address still the same. If not, email it to me.
BarryM