Fordson ID - you all missed one out

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
David in Wales
True Blue

Fordson ID - you all missed one out

Post by David in Wales »

At the end of Cork production, a few hundred N's were assembled in the Ford plant at Old Trafford in Manchester, England before the production line at Dagenham was operational.

These were basically a water washer N with surplus Cork parts.

The mudguards had a single rib narrow top [wider than the WW2 green N].
There was only one bolt attaching the seat spring to the rear axle - the U shaped 2nd locator did not come in until the blue Dagengam N's were produced
The radiator cap was shallow pressed tin. Drag link & starting handle were thin. The fuel tank end had the same wording as the Cork model. The patent wording on the fuel tank support gave different details to the grey & the dark blue models
High top gear & cleated rear wheels. German Bosch magneto.

Colour was LIGHT BLUE

Only a few survive to-day, Stuart Gibbard did own one in original condition which was featured in magazine articles and his book.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

David,

Some years ago we used to correspond with a young lad in the UK and I believe he had one of these tractors. Although at that stage it wasn't painted Light Blue. He referred to it as an 'transitional model'. I think he and his father sold their collection, as it is quite some years since I've heard from him.
BarryM