My latest acquisition - Modle N

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Stevo
True Blue

My latest acquisition - Modle N

Post by Stevo »

:D hi Guy's,
Just a short bragging note, I've just collected my new baby, a 1930 "I think, cork Modle N. I picked it up from a farm out in the scrub today, needs a bit of work as you can see, haven't not run for at least 10 years that the previous owner is aware of. He told me he didn't even know it was on the Shark for the first two years after he bought the place as it was in dense undergrowyh, you can see in the photos the size of one of the tree's that where growing through the wheel spokes. apparently the original owner of the cattle Shark it was on still exists and I am hoping to meet him eventually to get some history, appears to be missing its PTO pully, which will no doubt be a bugger to find but I'm pretty happy over all, check out the Mud Gaurds 8)

:? He through in the tree for free.

I would appreciate a adte if anyone has the info, engine number is 766066, my info tells me 1930 Model N but I don't know the month.

Any help is as always appreciated

Regards,

Stevo

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Another one safe then Steve :lol:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Stevo,

Great to see that you finally tracked one down and got it home. Better watch out though now that you have a breeding pair you never know how many you will end up with :wink: Sorry I can't help with the date though, maybe if you look for some of the date codes on the gearbox and axle housings it might give a better clue.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Stevo
True Blue

Post by Stevo »

Hi Brian,
Yes, quite a project but will look a treat when finished, best part is that apart from a few small items virtually everythings there, thats 90% of the battle as far as I'm concerned. Hi frank, don't think there will be much reproduction going on Milton is sulking and has turned blue, I'm sure I saw the headlights blink when I brought her home.

Regards,
Stevo