P6 oil filter

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Stevo
True Blue

P6 oil filter

Post by Stevo »

Hi guy's,
Time to give Milton (E27N P6)an oil change, bit of a problem as oil appears to be heavilly contaminated very grey in colour not shore but it may be part of the old oil filter which I had to cut to fit the brass cage of and I've noticed metal filings on the sump oil cage, bugger! :cry: don't know where its coming from and there is no noticeable noise when running. I remember someone posting the correct oil filter number but can't find the post :oops: can someone help.
Regards,
Stevo.

PS have now removed the tree that was growing through the wheel of my model N and have freed up the engine so it turns over easilly :D next we'll look at the maggie and see if we can't get a bit of spark.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Steve,

Fleetguard LF599 will fit inside the brass cage for the P6.
LF4034 is no longer available, brass cage was not required for this filter.

When you say you cut the filter last time, what did you actually cut. Sides or top?
BarryM

Stevo
True Blue

Post by Stevo »

Hi Barry,
Thanks for the reply, The last filter I obtained was from Cummins and it was the closest they could match for the direction of the oil flow. it was a Fleetgaurd LF598. I cut the botton two inch's or so off and it fitted nicely in the cage, the original felt end seals were used and it worked fine, I just remember someone posting a filter that could be used with the cage earlier, in the interim I have replace it with an new (old stock) felt filter that I acquired some time ago, No idea where I got it from but I don't see any point in hording it just because they are no longer avaiable, the original is reusable and should lat for many changes, (its from a time when you actually got some value for money, unlike the disposable junk everything is made of these days).
Regards,
Steve