Kigass on P6 Major

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Martijn
Not Quite Blue Yet

Kigass on P6 Major

Post by Martijn »

Hello everybody!

This is my first time using this forum to aquire information.
I hope you can help me with the original Kigass instalation on a Fordson E27N P6 we are restouring at the moment.
The P6 start fine without this, but as this was an original fitment on the tractor I would like to put it back on the tractor.
Does anyone have any drawings or pictures of this item?

Greetings,
Martijn

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Hi Martijn,

Welcome to the board. It is good to see another P6 owner here.

The pump itself is mounted into the small instrument panel that is bolted under the battery carrier. It is the one with the stop cable and the oil pressure gauge in it. The outlet from the pump goes directly to the sprayer that is in the side of the inlet manifold above where the heater element bolts in. The pipes are never straight coming out of the pump. They always are coming out turned into a roughly 40 mm circle after the pump. The inlet to the pump comes from a small tap that is screwed into a hole drilled into the banjo bolt on the fuel inlet on the injector pump.

My P6 starts without it too most days if it is not too cold, but the difference it makes when it is just that little bit too cold is incredible. It is well worth hooking up. I find that a small squirt even without much heat seems to be all that is needed for starting. Mind you my cold is nowhere near what people in Europe and the States are experiencing lately.

My P6 is not an original, but I can post pictures of the tap and spray fitting if you need it. Those are in the right places. The rest is not on my tractor.

Regards, Frank.
Real tractors don't need tin work to be beautiful.

Martijn
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Martijn »

Thanks for the information Frank!
I would love to see some pictures of it.
Most likely our P6 came from Australia a few years ago.
It looks as it's an original one with all the extras fitted.
It only needs some cosmetic work.
By the way, it has a smallbrass plate on the left rearfender. It's very difficult to read the text but it's about engine maintenance and the fordson name is on it. Do you know it these plates were fitted on factory fitted P6's?

Martijn

TK
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by TK »

Martijn,

Ref E27N P6 Kigass, below is a few pictures of the set up on mine. It is a factory fitted 1951 P6

The small tubing goes from the end of the injector pump fuel supply to the kigass pump, and from the kigass down to the injector pump and cross over behind the engine, and on the right side of the engine to thje nozzle in the intake manifold just abowe the heater element.

Regards,
TK

Martijn
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Martijn »

Thank you TK, for your interesting pictures..
We have the little dashboard and the Kigass pump, so it wouldn't be very hard to make it complete..
Looks like your P6 is almost finished.. Looking beautifull..

Martijn

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Hey guys don't just tantalize us with parts of pictures, lets see what this lady looks like from a little farther back. :lol: Hit that zoom out button on your camera and take a few. :roll:
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer