E27N Rear Guards Identification Help Please

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
1949E27N
True Blue

E27N Rear Guards Identification Help Please

Post by 1949E27N »

Hi Everyone, I need some help identifying rear guards.
The ones in the below picture are spare ones I have. Am I correct in saying these were the style on the very first E27N's in 1945?

I know there was three styles of guards, I think the above photo were the first, and below was the third style (these are the ones I will use).

If anyone can give me more info please do.
Thanks guys,
Chris

slim871
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: E27N Rear Guards Identification Help Please

Post by slim871 »

Gday Mate,
You'd be correct with the date of the first pair of Guards, They were the type used untill late 45', when the supports were changed to angle iron forming a V with a peice of flat bar across the top. These were made by Briggs Motor Bodies, not Fords. They were then changed again in late 48' to the two steel pressings depicted in your second pic. Again, these were made by Briggs and later also Sankey's, who amongst other things made the wheels for Field Marshall Series 1, 2 and 3 tractors.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Slim :wink:

1949E27N
True Blue

Re: E27N Rear Guards Identification Help Please

Post by 1949E27N »

Thanks for that slim, looks like I'll be putting the gaurds up for sale. I would've loved to use them on my machine cause they are in great shape compared to the '48 ones I have. The ones in the lower pic are quite rusted out but I'm trying to keep the machine as original as possible.