Fan(flat) Belt Pulley Removal

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
560Dennis
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fan(flat) Belt Pulley Removal

Post by 560Dennis »

What's the best way to Get the fan belt pulley off the Crankshaft?

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Fan(flat) Belt Pulley Removal

Post by Brian »

Something like this?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

fordsonf25
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by fordsonf25 »

If you have an F its best to say as they need the cotter pin removed from the bottom of the pin usually hidden under crud rather then a pulley remover as in the picture. If you cant get to it drill the head off the pin and punch it down and out.
My 1925 Fordson Blog http://www.fordsons.co.uk

560Dennis
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 560Dennis »

Got it off ! used a long drift punch and drove the pin out . Took a long 3/8 brass rod and drove the pulley off the crank.
easy peasey

:clap:

Took awhile to get the crank out of the block . lossen the main caps . but the flywheel has to come off first. There is safety wire though the nuts and one one nut is right in line with the crank journal. But its out . Take it to the machine shop to clean and inpect for cracks .

fordsonf25
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by fordsonf25 »

I would not worry too much about it. If you cannot see any cracks it will be fine. Its not a race engine and will not be going over 1000rpm.
Id be more inclined to make sure the bearings are ok and there is no chunks missing from them.

Treating it like a higher revving engine will cost you a lot of money, much more then the tractor will ever give you back and it is not necessary for such a low rpm motor.

If the engine was stuck it is worth checking its still true however.

Congrates on the getting the crank out.

Another thing to check is if the cam lobes are pitted. Should be able to do that by feel and look without removing.
My 1925 Fordson Blog http://www.fordsons.co.uk

560Dennis
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 560Dennis »

The tractor was stored in a barn , some rust . The head and oil pan were off . the mains were petty good imo . The rod journals 134 were open to barn atmosphere surface rust . the valves exhaust 1 ,2 bent and 4 stuck . Piston and rod on crank number two (no Rings?

I trust my machine shop advice ,see what they have to say tomorrow . They Align (have) Boring (lathe) if that he term for it .
The shims on the mains were from .015 to .025 the rod was ?? .060 an .08 ??? wow was not expecting that much .
But it was

What is the valve lash ? Suppose to be ? It has keepers , Do they make a later version with adjustable lifter ? I

Thanks for the help , getting more excited about this project.

Oh the were shims on the commutator ring bolts about .06 inch