Two rare Fordsons

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
George McKenzie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Two rare Fordsons

Post by George McKenzie »

I have a 1938 Fordson demonstrator ,This tractor is painted orange with blue wheels on steel .I have found two in the USA that are demonstrators also
My other one is a 1942 RCAF tractor that haul bombs and fuel during the war .It was brought to Canada after the war by a Air man that was a collector of British tractors .I have not been able to find another one like it .Mine is very complete and restored like new
Lots of tractors, cars, WW2 military

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Two rare Fordsons

Post by Brian »

If your 1942 N was used by the Canadian air force in England it could have been supplied and serviced by my old company J. J. Wright and Sons Limited who used to supply Fordson tractors to the government for Ford Motor Company and also service them.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Brian wrote:If your 1942 N was used by the Canadian air force in England it could have been supplied and serviced by my old company J. J. Wright and Sons Limited who used to supply Fordson tractors to the government for Ford Motor Company and also service them.
Hi Brian
Talking of wrights I don't know if you have seen them or if they are something you have or would like if not and the price was right :wink: , do an advanced search on ebay for item 262486693253 . If they said Curtis & horn at Aylesbury I'd be on them like a dirty shirt :) , They were our old dealers in the day for Fordson. I remember going there when i was young before my family changed brands :eyes: :run: , and they flattened the place to build on it :cry: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the headsup Robert, they are the really early ones with the telephone number Dereham 28.

This is a slightly later one, no paint, from around 1955. By the time I got there the telephone number had changed to 281 and in the late 1960's it changed again to 2281 but by then we had got sticky labels rather than the brass plate.

The car and truck department had beautiful, round, enamelled badges in either red or green.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Here is a picture of a RAF N from a local tractor day.
Brian

George McKenzie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by George McKenzie »

My1942 Fordson N Has dual back wheels and looks like the industrial Tractor .No fenders .Front tyres are 23x5 .I have a fuel trolloy for it now and was at a air show last week.
Lots of tractors, cars, WW2 military