E27N tailight

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
hemiorange
Not Quite Blue Yet

E27N tailight

Post by hemiorange »

I would like to buy a complete tail light for an E27N (1950 if there is a difference). I need it for the Easter weekend. I would borrow a unit if someone is so inclined. It will come home painted and detailed for a show. Not much time left so it will probably have to come out of western Canada. Anyone from England coming to Saskatchewan for Easter? I also need the trailer plug cover plug and chain.

hemiorange
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by hemiorange »

It was late when I posted the first message. I should have used the word "rent" instead of "borrow".

Stevo
True Blue

E27N tail light assembly

Post by Stevo »

Hi,
Been quite some time since I've looked at the site and you've possibly sourced a tail light assembly but for what its worth, Vintage Supplies Ltd in UK have the auxillary power outlet and bulb holder plug with chain for 5.25 each, these are after market but after years of trying to acquire a complete assembly I finally managed to get a complete original. The aftermarket is a good replica. the tail light itself, if you can call it that as it's only a tube with a red reflector smaller than your quarter coin I don't know if they still have them but check thier web site www.vintagesupplies.com or email info@vintagesupplies.com. The part numbers are 254 bulb holder plug(ask for the chain as well) and CA272 Dummy connector for lamp wire. This last one has the mounting bracket. I wouldn't be prepared to loan the item as it may get lost in the mail but am happy to send photo's or dimentions. I also have a 1950 P6 which is almost finished being restored. I rewired it as you did without any hassels, my only departure from the wiring diagrame was to run the headlight and horn earth wires back to the firewall for a direct earth on the battery earth to avert a notorious poor earthing problem I was told E27N's have, there was no obvious cosmetic change.
Regards,
Stevo