Does anybody know the wieght of an E27N full track crawler?

This forum is about the Fordson F, N and E27N Major.
Aussie Frank
True Blue

Does anybody know the wieght of an E27N full track crawler?

Post by Aussie Frank »

Well the happy day has arrived. Marion and Larry my E27N P6 and L4 conversions have had a baby Crawler. In my dreams, but I now need to bring the baby home and I would like to know how much weight we are talking about. It is a full track County conversion. Any information on weights would be appreciated. I suspect a good three tons at least, but some more accurate figures may make a big difference in the truck hire costs. Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards, Frank.

R W
True Blue

Post by R W »

Weight. Diesel (P6) 8,170 LBS.
Kerosene. 7,480 LBS.
From the Power Farming Technical Annual 1952.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Hi Frank,
The weights given in the County Instruction Book are basically the same as the previous answer.

7175lbs for the Kero, and 8180lbs for the Diesel. Any variation will be the width of the Grouser Plates. (3 different widths available).
If you have to hire a truck to carry it, you really need a 5 tonner.

I have finally located that wiring loom for you to copy. Suggest you call in one day if you are in the area.
BarryM

Aussie Frank
True Blue

Post by Aussie Frank »

Thanks Guys,

It is very interesting to see the difference in weight between the P6 and Kero. That P6 engine must be very heavy.

Barry the next time I take a trip to Nhill I will detour a little further south and pop in for a visit. I have seen some photos of some of your tractors from the old board and would love to see them in person. That won't be for a while now as I was only there 2 weeks ago but I will give you plenty of notice before the next time.

Regards, Frank.