St Mary's show, Bear Creek

This forum is used for show announcements, club meetings, etc.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

St Mary's show, Bear Creek

Post by BearCreek Majors »

We had our show At St Mary’s today, we only had 19 tractors, but actually not a bad turnout for our first attempt. And even with only 19 tractors we had several unique ones there.

Pat

My Countys, and several Alice Chalmers belonging to my step father and two of his nephews. In the mix was a WD-45, one of only about 100 left of the original 2400 made, a D-17 that my step father bought new in 1964, and the 1966 prototype for the 180’s, having serial number1001.

A neighbors 9000

Uncle Kennys 9600, on the far end is my brother inlaw’s Oliver77 with factory threepoint, and still used on the farm.

My cousins (leaning against the front wheel) 1929 Alice Chalmers, this thing is original and unrestord, and most all of the pinstriping and decals are still visible. It also happens to be green, from what I understand the first few years of production where green and was undistinguishable from most any other tractors in the field, so Alice Chalmers decided to paint them orange to get them to stick out in a crowd and the orange stuck till the end.

Last edited by BearCreek Majors on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: St Mary's show, Bear Creek

Post by henk »

Looks like a family get-together. But who knows, this could be the start of a great show.
As you say you did have some unique tractors. :clap:
Were the tents only for your show or was there another event going on?
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Thanks Henk, your not to far off thinking it is a family get together, Bear Creek has a population of just over 400 people and the running joke is "if you from Bear Creek you related to everyone there"..and the joke is'nt to far fetched!
The festival lasts the whole weekend so some of the tents are for the craft show, food tents, beer tents, bands, and Sunday's car show. This year they had well over 100 cars at the car show.

Pat

Matt in WI
True Blue

Post by Matt in WI »

Nice ! :thumbs:

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Matt, you need to come down here for the Symco Thrasharee, in all honesty not a lot of fords but they put on a nice show.

Pat

Matt in WI
True Blue

Post by Matt in WI »

Sure would be fun I bet, What time of year is it Pat ? If I could get someone to look after evening milking it would definitely be a possibility.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

July 25-26-27 2014

http://www.symcoutc.com/

Matt in WI
True Blue

Post by Matt in WI »

Well that gives me plenty of time to locate someone to look after chores for a day, Do they let anyone exhibit tractors or do you have to be a club member ? We have some Sheppard Diesels that I would like to get out this summer and play with a bit, maybe bring a pair of them down if its OK. :D

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Anyone can display, bring them down, Id like to see them as well!

Pat