Fordson E1A

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Hesford
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson E1A

Post by Hesford »

Hi all I'm quite new to the restoration game and am after a E1A but I don't know what to look out for to determine a good one from bad also what kind of prices do they fetch I've looked at parts which are readily available but not sure what a complete on would cost

Ash
1950 E27N Petrol/TVO
1956 New Major Mark1

5000blues
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Fordson E1A

Post by 5000blues »

Hi hesford,
welcome to fordson tp. I would try get one that is running, with fairly good tinwork. One stored in a barn would be an advantage. They are a fairly simple tractor mechanically to work on and lots of parts are available on ebay.co.uk you should be able to get a respectable power major for around £1000, later super major might be a bit more. I'd say avoid a live drive one as the clutch imo aren't as durable. Problem areas can be the brakes, which are expensive (maybe £2-300) to put right. Watch out for excessive play in the steering. Hopefully you'll get a few more replies, If one has been parked up for years, there's usually a good reason for it :cry: try find out why.

All the best getting one,

Keith
If the seat is wet, sit on your hat, better to have a cool head than a wet arse

Hesford
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Fordson E1A

Post by Hesford »

Hi keith thanks for the info I'll keep my eyes open!!
1950 E27N Petrol/TVO
1956 New Major Mark1