Hydraulics not working

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
super6954
True Blue

Re: Hydraulics not working

Post by super6954 »

Hi Rob
Thats great that they now lift :clap: :) , After I cleaned the first 2 valves when I started on mine they would stop if I stood on the lower arms. when I cleaned the 3rd valve it would lift me, I'm near 6ft and 240lbs :lol: so I think you are good to go when the arms are fitted :) . If the guy doesn't have them there must be a parts yard or supplier that has new or used ones near you :wink:
I knew we would get them working for you in the end it just took a while :) .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Robbie
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Hydraulics not working

Post by Robbie »

Well Robert,

That the lift works is mainly because you wrote that your lift did not work untill you cleaned the unload valve, AND the symptons were the same as mine. And of course your quick replay's on this forum :-) But also others who identified the unload valve as suspisious.

So, two more fordsons are "restored" and ready to work. Today I saw on the Internet a wifo backloader, and thats exactly what I can use here. It is a sort of "crane" so you can lift manure using the lift on the back of the tractor, so I am happy it does work now.

I have seen some arms but I live in Holland and spending money does hurt so much ! :oops: :scratchhead: but when needed Ill buy them, new or used :buddies:

Regards,
Rob.