Agriline Power Steering Kit

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
maddyn99
Not Quite Blue Yet

Agriline Power Steering Kit

Post by maddyn99 »

Has anyone ever installed on the Agriline power steering kits for the Fordson Majors?

I really need a power steering kit on mine since it has a front end loader, but the factory (original) one is side mounted and is right where one of the arms goes up and down.

This kit appears to go underneath the tractor which would be awesome.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That instalation is side mounted too. It replaces the drag link in the same way as the original one does.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

P29044
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Agriline Power Steering Kit

Post by P29044 »

I have the same problem. I have a '53 Major with a front loader on it and it NEEDS power steering. I have read warnings that most power steering kits do not work with this set up. I was told that I can run my steering off the loader pump and do not need an aditional pump if I can find the rest of the kit. the problem is in the clearance between the tractor frame and the loader...any suggestions...????

atkiman
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Agriline Power Steering Kit

Post by atkiman »

Here is a photo with the power steering kit installed. In addition to the kit, I added a double pulley to the crank to drive the pump with a separate belt. The brackets had to be modified for the double pulley. Also note the alternator, it may be slightly different with a generator.

For me, this was a worthwhile modification, even without the loader.