Fordson power major engine block (1959) WANTED

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Dan-dan100
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson power major engine block (1959) WANTED

Post by Dan-dan100 »

Hi I have a 1959 power with a damaged engine block, I am looking for a reasonable block to replace the one I have from the year 1959 as it would match the age of the rest of the tractor. Just wondered if anybody could help me or advise me of where I may get a block for that exact year.

Many thanks Dan
Fordson Power Major 1959

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Fordson power major engine block (1959) WANTED

Post by Brian »

Hi Dan,
Welcome to the board, might be a good idea to let us know what general area you are in as we cover from the US to Australia and all Europe.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dan-dan100
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Dan-dan100 »

Hi Brian,

Sorry about that I am located in the south west of England but would be prepared to travel

Thanks Dan
Fordson Power Major 1959

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

No problem Dan. The block you want can be from any Major from 1957 through to the Supers with Minimec pumps. In fact the early Supers used the Power Major engine.The later blocks will have a different lift pump fixing and a single bolt fixing cam shaft which means you would need a front mounting plate as well. There are also many industrial and trucks that use the same basic block.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

aye up dan

I might have a block that might be ok , its an industrial one so the front plate no good for you , will need new liners , will post some numbers off the block to cross reference, oh buy the way I am in Yorkshire

wayne
i love driving tractors me!

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

serial number 1561880
i love driving tractors me!