No oil up top

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Re: No oil up top

Post by BearCreek Majors »

I have to agree with you guys about the rotator caps, but on one of my tractors, and I don’t remember which or why , I had to grind one of the caps to get it set right, my guess is the original rotator was gone. So as these four got mixed up on the floor I just wanted to make sure the clearances where correct.
A little plasticguage between the stem and the cap confirmed that they were all between .002 - .003. I then warmed her up, set the lash, put the 8’ finish mower on the back and mowed down an acre or so, and she is working just fine. This is really the first time I have worked her all summer other than a little plowing this spring. I had pulled her in the shop late spring and replaced all of the pins and bushings in the front ax and steering links, rebuilt the power steering ram as it had sprung a leak, worked on the brakes and fixed the few remaining oil leaks as I had planned on painting her in time for a few shows this summer, as she decided to put a little glitch in my plans it felt good to be able to take her out and show her who the boss was!

Pat
Last edited by BearCreek Majors on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: No oil up top

Post by Dandy Dave »

:D :beer: :clap: ... Now to get your Clear Hooters working. :wink: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major