Super Major hydraulics

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Matt 1944 N
True Blue

Super Major hydraulics

Post by Matt 1944 N »

We have just rebuilt the hydraulic top cover for my Super Major and now it needs setting up but I need two special tools to do this. I was wondering whether anyone had the two special tools needed to do this and if they did whether it would be possible for me to borrow them or if someone could measure them so that I could make them

One of the tools bolts to the top cover and holds the top arms in a known position and the other tool is of a known thickness at each end one for draft and one for position control

The IT manual says that the second tool is the same as the one used for the Ford NAA tractors hydraulics.

I would be thankful for any help. :(

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You do not need any special tools. Go to the Wiki and follow the set up proceedure for Hydraulics. You need fordsontractorpages and dotty to get in.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Matt 1944 N
True Blue

Post by Matt 1944 N »

Thanks for this I printed the page last night now all i need to do is do it. :D

Matt 1944 N
True Blue

Post by Matt 1944 N »

Hi,
is this the corect position to hold the cross shaft in to se up the top cover?

Thanks Matt

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That is great Matt but you can achieve the same by tightening the lift arm retaining bolts.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian