1959 fordson tractor

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
ed straub
Not Quite Blue Yet

1959 fordson tractor

Post by ed straub »

Hello I need help with my 59 tractor bellow is a link to pictures trying to find out if its forsonmajors supermajors ,or dextra ? also looking foe transmission drain plug and power steering arm ball hocks onto steering arm any help would be awesome http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac33 ... g&newest=1
Last edited by ed straub on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need help with my back hoe blue ford majors 1960?? cant find serial number but engine number is 1509504 but 0s are funny shape kinda oblong I will take pictures and try to post Ed

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Hi Ed,

For some reason your pictures won't appear on my computer but the numbers you quote are from an April 1959 Power Major. Supers were introduced in October 1960.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: 1959 fordson tractor

Post by Bensdexta »

Definitely not a Dexta. Awesome tractor with that back hoe :wink:
Does it all work? Is that an external hyd pump driven of the belt gear?
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

ed straub
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by ed straub »

:D It is theexternal hydr not sure how its driven ecept theres a shsft out of the front of tractor all works well even after sitting for 20 yrs I just bought it thanks Ed
Need help with my back hoe blue ford majors 1960?? cant find serial number but engine number is 1509504 but 0s are funny shape kinda oblong I will take pictures and try to post Ed