Three (or four) very different Majors

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The only one to show is the Bray Pete, just a glimpse of the Doe. Who on earth would want to sell a Doe on E-Bay?

Did you get my message asking if you knew of a scrap yard in the area with lots of crawlers?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Is it just me, or was that old Bray Bucket made from an old oil drum :?: I've seen, and worked a lot of buckets in my life, but most all have had a flat spot on the bottom before they stated to roll upward. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

essex pete
True Blue

Post by essex pete »

Brian
Did you mean that the other machines do not show on the link?
There should have been a Chaseside crane.

Dandy D. That would be a large oil drum! I would not be too sure of lifting that with any thing other than a very light material. I would of thought a machine of that build/era would have maxed at 1.5t. A fairly rare machine I thought as the later Brays had a styled engine cover and less of the Major skid on view.

ps
Please see pm Brian

Kim
True Blue

Three(or four) very different Majors

Post by Kim »

I've used buckets like on the Bray as a young fella working on dairy farms. Bedding 100 + holsteins takes a lot of dry sawdust and shavings which is why the use of the oversized buckets. Large volume and light weight material. :)
Never give up!

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: Three(or four) very different Majors

Post by Dandy Dave »

Kim wrote:I've used buckets like on the Bray as a young fella working on dairy farms. Bedding 100 + holsteins takes a lot of dry sawdust and shavings which is why the use of the oversized buckets. Large volume and light weight material. :)
Hey Kim, We had 90 milker average, and about one hundred Heifers on the family farm . My dad sold it about 4 years ago and moved to Virgina where the taxes are a whole lot cheeper. Good to meet you at the Kent, Connecticut show. Yeah, that looks like a farmer built bucket. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Kim
True Blue

Three (or four) very different Majors

Post by Kim »

Hi Dave. Having seen your handiwork at the Kent show, I think you should share a picture of it with the rest of the forum. Although not strictly Fordson, that digger took some innovative doing.
Never give up!