The Ebro Diesel of my neighbor Isidre.

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

The Ebro Diesel of my neighbor Isidre.

Post by David Ebro »

Hello:

Look at Ebro Diesel of my neighbor Isidre: this model was the first model made by Ebro and it is a Fordson New Major of 1952.

This tractor is still in service, but he needs a good cleanliness and painting. The blue one of the Ebros with bodywork Fordson is the RAL 5015.

Greetings: David

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Hello David,

Although it's a New Major model is has the rear rim plates of a Power Major. Is this correct?

How can you be sure the paint is a RAL number?
I have the RAL colours example and a part of a 56 New Major with original paint in house. It nearly is a 5015, but RAL is German.
I'm sure Fordson did not use them.

I have to adjust my story about Fordson and Ebro. I always thought the started after Fordson ended the production.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by David Ebro »

Hello:

There are four models Ebro with the bodywork New Major:
- Ebro Diesel.
- Super Ebro (model 1)
- Super Ebro (model 2)
- Super 55
- Ebro 48.

The pieces are completely interchangeable with the corresponding Fordson.

Observe that the front wheels of Ebro Diesel of Isidre have 4 radioes and those of that David in Wales already showed you , 3 radioes.

Fordson was trusting in Ebro and apparently he entrusted them ten thousand engines Thames. There are still many Fordson-Ebro in daily service and in Catalonia a prank does with the Catalan word " fort " that there means " strong " and Ford, who declares himself almost equally.

If we have to distinguish an Ebro Diesel and a New Major in a tractor that has no bodywork, we have to look at the inscriptions of the pieces, since they are equal. The only difference is the absence in the Ebro of the lever of the brake of parking, replaced by a bolt in the brakes of foot.

On the rear wheels, I cannot give them details, but have present that like those of Fordson are interchangeable, Ebro and E 27 N, in almost fifty years, the user could have done many changes.

Bests Regards: David

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I notice that the Ebro tractors have cast front wheels, while my 1960 Power Major has pressed steel. Do all Ebros have the cast front wheels? Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Front cast wheels of Ebro

Post by David Ebro »

Hi Dandy Dave and all the people:

The models Ebro with cast front wheels are only:

- Ebro Diesel (wheels with three or four holes)
- Super Ebro (model 1). Wheels with three holes.
- Super Ebro (model 2). Wheels with three holes.

Greetings: David

henk

Post by henk »

Dandy Dave,

The standard New major had cast wheels with 4 holes, The Power and the early Super had three holes. Later on you could have pressed rims at the front of the Supers.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I wonder if the export models had pressed wheels for weight and shipping reasons??? As my Power major has pressed wheels. In fact, I have an ad here of a Power Major that clearly shows pressed steel wheels. Look back at the stuff I posted about the Power Major and you will see it. The ad is in english pounds. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major