Hello All

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Cornishbloke
Not Quite Blue Yet

Hello All

Post by Cornishbloke »

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and have just bought a fairly original Major. I brought it back yesterday and wondered whether anyone could tell me what I have.

Some numbers are:

Bulkhead 12364(8 or 0)2
Gearbox L8T
pump 5PE4A70S295 or 2R68EJ or 13221B.

She's lovely!! :D

Richard

(PS - how do you add photos?)
Fordson Major

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Welome Aboard Matey, Someone will be along shortly to answer your questions. Lots of good folks here. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Welcome to the board, your tractor is September 1952, a few days later than my Henrietta.

Photos are fairly straightforward but you need to upload them to a third party like Photobucket, then copy the link into your post.

If you look just above the panel when you are writing a post there are a line of codes starting with "B" Look along there until you come to "img". Click that immediatly in front of your picture code and again at the end if it is not there in your picture code.

Good Luck.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Cornishbloke
Not Quite Blue Yet

Pictures

Post by Cornishbloke »

Thanks Brian

Had a look at the wobbly steering this afternoon and the stub axle and splined crank are shot, so that's the first job.

Richard
Fordson Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Richard,
I have done a bit of editing.

The address you put for your image did not work so you need to "right click" on the image, go to "properties", copy that information and put that in your post plus the [img] tags.

She looks a great beast, don't spoil her, keep her as original as possible. A coat of "Waxoil" will preseve the paint work and the original look.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Cornishbloke
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Cornishbloke »

Thank you Brian

I know what you mean about the condition and trying to keep her original. I had planned to restore her - there is a fair bit of rust around the wings and roll bar, and very little paint left on most of the heavy items. She has been sprayed over in the past, although not much seems to have stuck.

I'd like to preserve her for the next fifty years or so. I know that you did much the same with Henrietta so I suppose I must try to be as sympathetic as possible. I want to keep her running whilst I do this unless the time comes for something major, I've found that if you let a vehicle go "dead" then they lose something. Perhaps they have souls.

I'll keep progress posted.

Richard
Fordson Major