My Ebro 470 at work: Oct. 12, 2009

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

My Ebro 470 at work: Oct. 12, 2009

Post by David Ebro »

Hi:

Yesterday I worked a field with the old cultivator of nine arms of my Lanz 4090 and my Ebro 470, to sow broad beans and spinach beets.

You see that the wheels of draft control are up, so they are not needed for this Ebro.

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Re Ebro Tractors

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

In the mid to late 70's and early 80's Ebro's like this were imported to New Zealand, with quite a few still around in use mainly in the Waikato.(Our local CNH dealer sold Ebro's , then Shibaura's, going to New Holland via Fiat.)Were any sold in Australia or any where else in the Pacific?Cheers TSG.

David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Ebro 470.

Post by David Ebro »

Hi:

The Ebro 470 is a Fordson Super Major provided with the engine Perkins of the Massey-Ferguson 178 (72 HP) and with direction hydrostatics Danfoss.
A few weeks ago I bought these wheels for 200€, since those of 470 are very worn-out.

A very important characteristic of 470 is that it has two pumps hydraulic twins driven by the cogwheels of the distribution

I remind to them that all the Ebro were constructed in Barcelona, under the patents and licences Ford and Massey-Ferguson in case of 470.

Those who meet the Super Major imagine that they lead 470 with the characteristics that I have reported previously: a marvellous tractor that is not antiquated.

Another day will speak to them about 684: just as 470 but with engine Perkins of 6 cylinders and 84 HP.

You see already up to where I evolve our beloved Fordson F and since Spaniard (Europe) I am proud that this evolution will be reached in my city of birth - Barcelona - by the Company Ebro.

Greetings: David