Interesting Item on eBay

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Interesting Item on eBay

Post by JC »

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

JC,
I've never owned Major of any type, but I do read all the posts on their boards, and I don't believe I've ever saw this one before. I can't wait until they all chime in and give an answer to this mystery.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Farm Majors are peculiar to Australia. From the sales literature it seems that they carried on building the earlier Major when the Power came out, and priced it lower.

Do a search on here, there should be sales sheets and pictures provided by Barry M.

The details can be viewed on the home page under the heading "New Major", scroll down and there are a couple of sales sheets and price list comparisons in .pdf format.
Last edited by Brian on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Yeah, I wondered about the style of the emblem. It looks like it was designed much like my Power Major, so I did not think it was from the earlier era. Continuing the earlier version in Austraila after the release of the Power Major would make sense. I also have never seen a Farm Major here in the states. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

JC

Post by JC »

I remember reading about the Farm Major on the old BB. I had never seen any parts for sale, until now. I wonder if there's any record of the number of Farm Majors sold. They must be fairly rare, even in Australia.