Super 6 front weight on ebay.

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
sandymac
Not Quite Blue Yet

Super 6 front weight on ebay.

Post by sandymac »

As title guys, a genuine fordson county super 6 weight on ebay uk. Hefty starting bid of £1400, but try and find another...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fordson-major-cou ... 3a5659f159
Cheers Sandy

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Hi Sandy
I really need one of those. It's the only big thing that's missing on mine, but the opening bid is more than I paid for the whole tractor. I can't even imagine how much it would cost to ship something that heavy to the US. I guess that I should try harder to find the Super 6 that's rumored to be on a ranch not far from where I live.

Tiger
True Blue

Post by Tiger »

Wow, Is it really worth that much :shock:
Another unfinished project

sandymac
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by sandymac »

JC wrote:Hi Sandy
I really need one of those. It's the only big thing that's missing on mine, but the opening bid is more than I paid for the whole tractor. I can't even imagine how much it would cost to ship something that heavy to the US. I guess that I should try harder to find the Super 6 that's rumored to be on a ranch not far from where I live.
JC, if you paid less than that for your Super 6 you should be making sure you buy this at any cost...!!! Anything can be shipped if you are keen enough.

cheers Sandy

sandymac
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by sandymac »

Tiger wrote:Wow, Is it really worth that much :shock:
In my opinion, yes. Good super 6's are £15/£20K tractors , the front weight is unique to them , i will try very hard to buy this if no-one else on here wants it.

cheers Sandy

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Tell you what JC, sell me the tractor for what you paid for it plus a commission of 25%.

I will arrange and pay for shipping over here, buy that front weight, fit it and still think I have a cheap tractor to add to my collection. :D

A Super Six would be my dream tractor, they bring back so many memories for me.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

JC

Post by JC »

Brian and Sandy

I knew that Super 6’s were valuable in the UK but I never knew exactly what one was worth. I didn’t buy mine as an investment, I bought it to restore and drive in parades and tractor shows, and maybe pull a plough occasionally . There are very few of them over here and not many people even know what a Super 6 is, so there’s really no market for them to set a value.
Tell you what JC, sell me the tractor for what you paid for it plus a commission of 25%.
That would be a pretty good deal, a 25% profit without doing any work. But I think I'll keep her. Sorry Brian :lol:

Since my wife is the assistant financial director of this house, I don't think that I can convince her that I need to spend $2200 on one tractor part. If I change my (her) mind, I'll e-mail you, Sandy, so we aren't bidding against each other.