Fordson Major ACE Bulloader

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Dandy Dave
True Blue

Fordson Major ACE Bulloader

Post by Dandy Dave »

What do you fellow know about the history of this beautiful piece of machinery?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FORDSON-MAJOR-A-C-E ... 3ca98e8dbc

:D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

John-Paul
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by John-Paul »

That looks very interesting... there is something very similar near here - the same type (if not identical) loader system but no cab. I've been meaning to try to get some photographs but it's on private Shark and is only really visible from a main road. I've not been able to see well enough but I presume that the driving position is also rotated 180 degrees.

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

Here's some pictures of one that were posted on the old BB.

I think it had a Brockhouse transmission with a torque convertor.

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Dandy Dave,

I drove a ACE Bulloader in the very early 1960's. It was based on a Power Major with a Manual Transmission. The Brockhouse version was very expensive. It was okay loading from a loose stockpile, but very poor if you had to dig a bit hard. Very difficult to balance the bucket and keep weight on the Drive Wheels at the same time. The Tilta Crowd was just a fancy name for the bucket action.
BarryM

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I thought "Tilta Crowd" was just a fancy name for a self leveling bucket, which, from the photos, the machine seems to have. Actually, someone posted for information on this on the Yesterdays Tractors site and I brought it here because I thought it would get a much better responds, and also because I thought it was Cool. 8) Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major