Hydraulic Leak

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Ian
True Blue

Hydraulic Leak

Post by Ian »

We have one of those dual auxiliary hydraulic things. Anyway the first one, that controls the arms up and down, has a leak under it. The leak is somewhere around the bottom where the handle attaches to the main unit.

I've taken the whole hydraulic part off before as when I had the lift cover off I noticed one of the O rings on the pipe that goes horizontally through it had blown. But I was somewhat reluctant about ripping the rest of it apart.

Anyone got any advice for fixing this ? Anything I should watch out for ? Or any pics of what they look like inside. I have plenty of gasket paper and gasket sealer and an O ring kit for this. Do I need to take the whole thing off again ? Or can i fix this just by undoing some bolts on the front of it.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Ian,

It's bolted on with three bolts.
You can pull it off. in the bottom hole there's a spring, but it will not jump out.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Ian
True Blue

Post by Ian »

I think im just gonna take the plunge and rip it to pieces. I already found one blown O ring, there's probably more inside if its leaking all over the place.