air cleaner

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
hillbilly87+2
Not Quite Blue Yet

air cleaner

Post by hillbilly87+2 »

Can the screen in the upper part of the air cleaner housing be removed to clean it or must be soaked to clean,my Fordson parts book shows a small pancake style filter that seems to be removeable. Great site ,i stumbled on by accident. Tom. Sorry, the tractor seems to be a 1954 Major Deisel according to the serial #1283686.Thank You :?
I own a 1954 fordson major, according to the I&T manuel serial #1283686. which shows on the flywheel back of starter,by the way i was born in Friesland,Nederland

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

You should post this in the New Major Thread.

If it is the same as my Power Major, there is a series of screens that come out that add up to a few inches or less. The rest you will have to clean in the filter. I have found that laquer thinner works well. Mineral Spirits also works, but takes longer. Put the whole air cleaner in a bucket and have at it. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

hillbilly87+2
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by hillbilly87+2 »

Sorry Dandy Dave ,the Fordson part book covers three different Fordson Tractors. Mine is a Fordson Major diesel.Maybe the book only shows only the newer Fordson Air cleaner maybe that is what confused me. Will take some pictures this weekend and try to get them posted.
I own a 1954 fordson major, according to the I&T manuel serial #1283686. which shows on the flywheel back of starter,by the way i was born in Friesland,Nederland