eBay Injector Pump

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

eBay Injector Pump

Post by JC »

I just bought this off eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123
I'll let you know what happens when I get it.
Like Dandy Dave says, "Sometimes chicken and sometimes feathers".

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Say JC, It's "Somedays chicken, somedays feathers." :lol: Good luck with her. I hope she's a worker. If nothing else, at least you got it for a parts price. :wink: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

JC

Post by JC »

Some days chicken, some days feathers. OK, I'll keep practicing 'til I get it right :lol:
I was sorta close anyway. There's a guy that I work with that can take a phrase like that and screw it up so bad that you can't recognize it. Kinda like Dizzy Dean.

JC

Some days feathers, some days Chicken Cordon Bleu

Post by JC »

I picked up the pump at the post office today.

It turned kind of hard, so I took the side cover off to see how the plungers looked.

They looked OK, and they all moved, so I squirted a little PB Blaster on them and put the cover back on. It still turned hard. I thought that the cam box may be a little dry after sitting for so long. I filled it with oil through the leak off hole, then it turned over the way I thought it should.
I mounted it on my Power Major to test it.

When I bled it, I only got fuel out of the first three. I thought, Now I know why I got this so cheap. I pushed the excess fuel button and cranked it a little more, and the fourth one started pumping, too.
Here's a video of me trying to start it after I got the injector lines tightened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzLCLTaNP3k
Sorry about the quality. I just used the video function on my camera and I'm not much of a camera man.

I have a new saying for you, Dandy Dave. "Even a blind dog finds a bone every now and then" :D

henk

Post by henk »

Sounds good JC
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Wwwaaaa Hhoooooooo.... :D That's slicker -n- snake oil on a pair of motorized roller skates in the middle of summer. Now you gotta put some paint on that old Major. :wink: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Kim
True Blue

Post by Kim »

Congratulations! You definitely got chicken instead of feathers. From the look of the orange paint on the pump, I'd guess it came from a Nuffield tractor. I have two and they both have Simms pumps. The Major sounds great! :)
Never give up!

JC

Post by JC »

Thanks, guys.

She needs a little more than paint. Its Brian and J-P's favorite model, the ASP. The back end is Power Major, the front tombstone weight and hood are Super Major. The engine block is older than the rest of the tractor and it has a Mk. 1 head. It also has power steering off of a late 60's or early 70's 3/4 ton, 4x4 Ford pickup. I have a few parts that I can use to make her closer to original, but she will probably never be all original.

Does a Nuffield use that same pump and coupling, Kim? I think this pump may have been off of an industrial engine, because of the lift pump and the accessory drive off the end of the cam.