Play day

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Play day

Post by BearCreek Majors »

The wife (aka the BOSS) wanted her garden worked up, and that’s all the more excuse I needed to go play for a while. It was too wet to be out there but I played farmer anyway.

The kids and I got the Super Major running a few weeks ago and had to fix everything from the front wheels back. Lots of abuse and then sitting for nearly twenty years took its toll on every part of it. We’ve got a good five or six hours on it now with no problems but a leaking fuel tank and PTO shaft, a little more work and we can strip it back down for body work and paint.

The County hasn’t got much attention lately as we’ve been busy with the super but soon we’ll get her back in the shop to replace all the axel seals, At least one axel bearing, and rebuild the steering box. While plowing with her today I noticed that the three point won’t hold the plow up, I checked the check valve and it’s good so I’ll probably get a piston seal ordered.

And the kids were playing with one of their toys, this one started out as a cub cadet, has a two cylinder Kubota diesel that they stuck a turbo on. They are still waiting for the bigger injectors, pump, and lines and then they will squirt some water/alcohol in it as well.

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Great pictures!!
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.