Crankcase Breather Blowing Oil Out

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Gman
True Blue

Crankcase Breather Blowing Oil Out

Post by Gman »

Hello all. I was able to get my power major out and work her hard for about 4 hours. Good temp, oil pressure and power, no smoke. Governor seems to be working good when needed. The oil in the crankcase breather was being blown out, it did not do this before she was parked years ago. Any suggestions on what may be causing this. Thanks for any advice.
Gerald
Gman: 1959 Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Compression in sump, my old solution = work her hard and see what happens.

Usual reason is worn rings and bores but if it was OK before you put it away it means rings etc are "gummy" and work should clear it.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Gman
True Blue

Post by Gman »

Brian wrote:Compression in sump, my old solution = work her hard and see what happens.

Usual reason is worn rings and bores but if it was OK before you put it away it means rings etc are "gummy" and work should clear it.
Thanks Brian, she ran well for first hard work since getting her going again, up and down steep hill bushhogging in woods. Oil pressure gage showed good oil preassure at all times. The oil seemed to be just the oil I put in the breather. With her sitting so long I'm going to check the pipe from rocker cover to air intake, could be dirt dauber nest in it. If I take crankcase breather off while running, shouldn't I have suction from the pipe? Also I have not forgot about trying to get you the numbers off of what I believe was a Dextra, just have not been able to get back down to that area. Thanks again.
Gman: 1959 Power Major