e1adkn

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
shergar
True Blue

e1adkn

Post by shergar »

hi guys managed to pull her out , she look a bit tatty
heres a few pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49293148@N07/
also a picture of a 4000 which i used to tow her out with.
wayne

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Now she needs a lot of TLC! A lovely original tractor!

The 4000 is something else too. A pre-Ford Force with an original white canvas Ford cab, just like the one my father had back in 1967. I have not seen one of those cabs for many years.

Another tractor worth looking after! :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

hello brian that 4000 is a beast did some ploughing with her early this year with a 3 furrow dowdswell no problem. it's also on it's 3rd engine the first 2 were the old type the ones that the metal in them went pourous and i think they heat distorted as well :?:
i think the engine in it now is out of a 4110 :?:
wayne

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Re: e1adkn

Post by Dandy Dave »

shergar wrote:hi guys managed to pull her out , she look a bit tatty wayne
I've seen much worse. At least it had a roof over it, and the sheet metal looks very good. Nice find. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

hi guys my first job was going to give her a good powerwash off to remove all the caked on oil and incrusted rat dropings . somwhere the timing is broken needs invesigation , needs a coil , rota arm , inside the distrubtor cap the 4 outer contacts look ok but the one in the centre thats spring loaded feels like it's made of plastic i thorght it should be a metal contact like the others, later on i'll need some advice on timing, someone has had a chew at the hi lo selector looks like the shaft coming out of the casting has been broken and a hash repair done, needs new choke knob, brake cables and springs, apart from that and needing 4 new tyres and a coulple of little oil leaks everything looks ok, i'll try and get some pics of the problem areas. haven't thorght of a name for her yet i'll see if she runs first.
thanks wayne

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The inner contact is carbon. Don't loose it! :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

shergar
True Blue

Post by shergar »

hi guys taken the cover on top of the engine turned her over and the valves do go up and down , so maybe the drive to the dustrubtor is broken , also everthing under the cover is realy hacky oily gungy , as it's been stood for the best part 30 years whats the best way to clean the engine out.
thanks wayne