New Member with a Major Project.......

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
toomanytoyz
Not Quite Blue Yet

New Member with a Major Project.......

Post by toomanytoyz »

Just dropping in to Post a Few pics of my New Project, Just picked up this major with both bucket & backhoe. Not Sure what all Im going to need to bring it back to life< Was told that only way previous owner could get started was with starting fluid. Got a Couple manuals ordered from evil bay & will just have to take it from there.............

Any lead on a Starter for this Model?, The brass nut hot lead is broken off on the one that came with it, Also can i eleminate the lucas solenoid on the starter currently??

How do i go about finding what year tractor it is??

Gonna try posting a few Pics here & Hoping that with your Help i can bring her back to life ..........

Thanks for Listening, Rick

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Try agriline for parts. I got a lot of stuff from them several years ago for my Power Major. Great company that ships world wide.

http://www.agrilineproducts.com/partsca ... major.html

For a company that is overseas for us in the USA, they ship quickly. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

jsut put a spanner across the solenoid if it is broken. dont use this as a permanant method! and make sure your not in gear! if you want to fit a modern starter with a solenoid on the top just join the two thick wiress on the solenoid together. and wire in the new solenoid.