Replumbing loader hydraulics can it be done ?

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
scbco
Not Quite Blue Yet

Replumbing loader hydraulics can it be done ?

Post by scbco »

Hello fellow Fordsonites I have what I think from reading some posts on the forum is a DAR valve.You can see pics of it on photobucket as follows
Left hand side of valve view

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... 301530.jpg

Right hand side of valve view

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... 010009.jpg

This valve changes from operating the lift arms on 3pl by pulling the lever to the rear of the tractor to operating the loader by moving it forward to the middle position you can use one or the other but not both at the same time it also has a third position if you push the lever one click further forward ( do you know what it should do in this position? ).
The hose at the rear of the valve is supply to the loader spool valve I think as when it blew the loader would not raise and the hose at the front of the valve should logically be the return from the spool valve.
I would like to make it so the loader will operate without having to change the lever most likely by replumbing the hoses to different positions .I would then use the change over lever to operate via another spool valve ( to be fitted later) 2 double acting rams one will operate a top link and the other will operate a ram that replaces the levelling box.If you look at the picture of the valve on the right hand side of the valve below it in line with the qualitrol lever is a plugged off port which I think is pressure supply oil if I connect the loader spool valve supply here will it affect the operation of the lift arms and if it will not where can I connect the return line from the spool valve to the housing ?

Regards
Steve
1963 Fordson Supermajor with front end loader and bloodybig boots road licensed runs like a dream