new member and pictures

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
cwayne
Not Quite Blue Yet

new member and pictures

Post by cwayne »

I bought this 1953 Major as a very rough non running tractor. The block was split between cylinders, tried to weld it up the weld looked real good but the crack just kept spreading towards the crank main when it cooled down. bought a 1957 engine and rebuilt also went through transmission.
It is a very strong tractor and starts in the coldest weather 28 f on the first revolution when useing the excess fuel button.

Image Image

Thanks, Wayne
Last edited by cwayne on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wayne in Virginia USA
1953/57 Major/wheels of a fortune
1963 Super Major (Ford 5000)
1955 Ford 600

Nick
True Blue

Re: new member and pictures

Post by Nick »

what you have to do, is copy and paste the image links on photobucket, then it should work. At least thats how i did it :wink:
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

cwayne
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by cwayne »

Thanks Nick I appreciate your reply and help. I finally got them copyed to the Fordson Pages useing the method Brian explained in the Misc. Topics under the subject photobucket.
It was really simple once I found that it does not show the pictures until I hit the submit button for the file to be posted.

Wayne
Wayne in Virginia USA
1955 Ford 600

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Welcome Aboard Matey. :D Nice job on the FMD. 8) Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Cwane,

Welcome.
Nice major. Bit of a strange wheel colour. Some guys will be green because you have some great rear wheel weights.
What is the construction on the front for, protection or are you pushing things with it.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

cwayne
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by cwayne »

Thanks for the compliments Dandy Dave and Henk and glad to be aboard.
The color of the wheels is more of a rust stopper, after several hours of wire brushing, they may turn orange one day, too many projects now. The repairs on the tractor was not done as a restoration project but simply that I needed a tractor and it was the cheapest thing i could find $450 delivered, from the John Deere dealer. The engine was already apart so I knew about the split block.
The weights were on it when I got it , hard to believe the difference it makes in traction.
The aperatus or construction on the front is mostly protection for that Precious nose piece, had to buy that one when I fixed the tractor and the home made grill pieces are heavy enough to protect the radiator while bush hoging. I have been cutting large brush (up to 4" dia.) . If the Fordson will push it down the bush hog will cut it. I do not think you would belive what it cuts unless you saw it.
One of the other projects is the 63 Super Major(a Ford 5000), just finished the engine . As you can very well understand how That Fordson Bug bites.
How about a tip on how to use the smiles and signature ?

Wayne
53/57 Major
63 Super Major/Ford 5000
Wayne in Virginia USA
1955 Ford 600

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

cwayne wrote: How about a tip on how to use the smiles and signature ?

Wayne
53/57 Major
63 Super Major/Ford 5000
cwayne
As I started writing this, I thought you were already using a signiture, but then realised that what I thought was your signiture, was just part of your post.
If you go to the top of this page, you will see the words 'user control panel'. Click that, as that is your profile, then click 'edit signiture' and in the box there write whatever you want as your signiture.
Then each time you post, it will automatically be there.

As you are writing your post, the curser follows your last written letter. When you get to the area that you want a smile at, move your mouse over to the smiles on the right hand side and click the appropiate smile :clap: . You will only see on your post, the words of the smile until you submit the post. Then you will see the smiles.
Good Luck
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Looks wonderfull Wayne
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

cwayne
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by cwayne »

Thanks Emil and Kiwi Kev :D how about this thanks .Appreciate the help.
I had tried the user control panel before but evidently blundered as it did not appear with my posts.
Learned another trick today :clap: with help. :mrgreen:
Again Thanks Guys
Wayne in Virginia USA
1955 Ford 600

JC

Post by JC »

Welcome, Wayne. Nice Major!
I like the grilles. They look tough and shiny. What are they made out of? Stainless?

cwayne
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Griles

Post by cwayne »

Thanks JC, yes they are made useing stainless steel , some material left over from a job at work. Very durable, They have already proven to stop some heavy brush or limbs short of the radiator.
Wayne in Virginia USA
1955 Ford 600