Seal Part Numbers

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
OakLodge
Not Quite Blue Yet

Seal Part Numbers

Post by OakLodge »

I am about to split a Nov 1954 New Fordson Major Mark 1, Serial Number 1318034, between the gearbox and rear transmission and replace the two seals. I have had some feed back on how to do it and tools needed which was appreciated. I am about 100km from my nearest Bearing-Seal shop, so would like to buy the seals before starting the job. I have some old manuals and parts lists, but cannot seem to find any part numbers for the seals in question.

One seal is for the main shaft out of the gearbox.

The other seal is on the PTO shaft out of the gearbox. The PTO extension shaft fits onto this. (I have the dimensions for a tool for fitting this seal. This came on a reply from my other Topic "replacing transmission seals, and the details how to do it).

Has anyone got part numbers AND sizes for these seals? It would be appreciated. I am looking forward to getting started on it.

Andrew

SINCE POSTING:
I have tracked down the following seal part numbers but still have conflicting size information. It looks like I am going to have to split the tractor and take the old seals in for sizing?The part numbers I have are:

1) Transmission Input Shaft Seal: E1ADKN 7052-A
Size: 79.5x46x9.5mm

2) Transmission Output Seal: E27N-7082-A
sizing?? 38.25x19x10mm
(I am a bit puzzled, one drawing I have shows this seal fitting on a sleeve which is on the shaft? WIll have to pull it to bits to see? )

On the "Seal up that Fordson" site for Seals, also gives other sizes.
89.25x42x20mm
111.35x79x12.5mm
Assume these sizes for different years??????

3) PTO Seal under the Transmission: E1ADKN-7297-A (Double Lipped Seal) E1ADKN-7297-B (Single lipped seal)

I found the below information from an old post of Brian's.
There are two sizes, 1952 to 63, and after 63, both with the same part number, hence the confusion.

1952-63 Sizing: 89x54x19mm (3.5"x2.125").

1963- Sizing: 89X44.5x19mm) (3.5'x1.75")

Will confirm the details for the 1954 tractor I am working on when it apart.