6 cylinder engine identification

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Cruizer
Not Quite Blue Yet

6 cylinder engine identification

Post by Cruizer »

Hey guys,

First of all, what a great forum!

I'm searching for more details regarding the engine in my major. I can see the following numbers:

Block: 703 F 6015 BA

Head: 683 F 609 GA

Does anyone have any specs on this engine at all? Or maybe know where to look.. Have tried my friend Google but without any luck..

Does the oil filter on these fit on pretty much any cargo/trader/4 cyl major engine?

Thanks!

Major Mike
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: 6 cylinder engine identification

Post by Major Mike »

Ford Custom truck motor, maybe 2707 E and 365" cid ?
2700 series stamp can be found, from bottom of aluminium sump. Unless somebody had it changed to metal sump.
Engine type from right side, upper back corner of block ( 360 / 365 / 380 etc ... ).
The oil filter depends, if the housing has been fitted from major or is it original truck housing ?
Super Major -62, Super Major 6 Cargo ~130 hp, ford 4550 & Haka, Ford 6600 backhoe, Valtra 6400

Cruizer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: 6 cylinder engine identification

Post by Cruizer »

Thanks for reply, I'm not sure if its an aluminium og metal sump I will try and have a look today. The guy I bought it from didnt know much about it either so I'm just trying to get a little bit of history out of it and also to know which parts to look for. I havent been able to locate a stamp with engine size either, but I will try and get some pictures and load them up later today.