Back on Her Own Feet

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Laurie
True Blue

Back on Her Own Feet

Post by Laurie »

At last , after was seems to have taken ages, I have got my old girl (No 1415835) back on her own wheels and running.Engine started up today after about 18 months with no trouble at all.

Still got to connect the steering drag link and sort out the oil gauge pressure pipe which follows a rather strange route at the moment.

That will leave the the tin work and linkage and then she's done.

Rather pleased with her so far , looking good on her brand new Goodyear tyres. Picture below.

Cheers
Laurie

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Re: Back on Her Own Feet

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Looking good Laurie! :clap:

Pat

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

:clap:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Nice work, Laurie. She looks great. What plans do you have for this mean machine?

Best

Adrian :thumbs:

ps Any chance of more photos?

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

all looks very nice, must say i'm a bit envious of those tyre's :mrgreen:

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Like we say back here in the States. Nice! :D :clap: :beer: 8) Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Laurie
True Blue

Post by Laurie »

Thanks for the kind comments.

I hope to have her back on my own drive before too long as I have been using the yard of a pal of mine and it will be nice to get her back home. I will try to take some more pictures of her then.

Still got a bit to do with the tin work etc but this is all in pretty good condition with no rot to speak off and only a couple of dents in the front cowl which I should be able to deal with OK.

She was originally brought to cut the local cricket field ( I am a member of the club) and she has the registration number of LBW 916 which is quite neat as LBW ( leg before wicket) is a way of getting out at cricket. Although the cricket club has other mowers now I will couple her up to the set of gang mowers that we have- powered via the PTO- and trundle her around for old times sake. Also might be a few other jobs in the village that she can do. Other than that I will do a bit of show work although she is far from concours standard, just a good old machine still capable of doing her bit after some 56 years.

Cheers Laurie