Power Major & Oliver Plowmaster HD

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Matt in WI
True Blue

Power Major & Oliver Plowmaster HD

Post by Matt in WI »

Over the weekend I thought we would get the Oliver HD Plowmaster out and get the moldboards scoured up. Good sandy corn stubble ground had them shined up in no time. Took the camera along and snapped a few photo's to share with all my Fordson friends :beer: Hope you enjoy :D

chriss
True Blue

Re: Power Major & Oliver Plowmaster HD

Post by chriss »

thanks for sharing :thumbs: :beer:

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Thanks Matt,

Enjoyed here too, thanks :D nice looking combo

Those corn stalks look hard, do they soften down or do they catch up when you run through with the drill ??
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Matt in WI
True Blue

Post by Matt in WI »

Many thanks for the complements :D The corn stalks never give a problem, I run the soil finisher over first before planting and it breaks them up nicely.

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Looks good Matt! I cant believe you guys are already in the fields up there, we got another 4 or5 inches of snow last night.

Pat

Matt in WI
True Blue

Post by Matt in WI »

Hi Pat, this was more like playing than working, it did plow nice :D I think its going to be at least a couple more weeks before any of the fields can really be worked here, the frost seems to be out but there are a few wet spots in some of the fields but the sandy ground is always the first to come around. Ya we got the snow here too, the nice spring weather didn't last :cry: We always try to have the oats in by mid to end of April so I hope this weather gets fit soon and stops teasing us :lol:

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Beautiful original tractor! That is how they should look, all the colours correct and not an orange grill in sight! :thumbs: :run:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Matt in WI
True Blue

Post by Matt in WI »

Thanks for the complement Brian :D He is fine example of an original tractor to be sure, some tractors need to be painted in my opinion and some deserve to stay as they are. Since I have posted photos of this particular tractor others have just confirmed my original thought to leave it just as it is. The one to thank for its condition is my father :clap: , since it was brought home new I can count on one hand the nights it has ever sat outside. Over 50 years old now and you can defiantly tell that this old tractor was loved its entire life. Its one I'm the most proud of. Thanks Again