My E1ADDN paint in Blue Nigth.

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
David Ebro
Not Quite Blue Yet

My E1ADDN paint in Blue Nigth.

Post by David Ebro »

HI:

Edited on July 2, 2017. The serial number of the tractor is 1310236

Two years ago I bought an E1ADDN at six hundred miles from my house: if I had not bought it I would have gone to the junk and destroyed it.

The previous owner painted it deliberately in the Blue night of the E27N and I think that aesthetically he was not mistaken.

The wheels are from an Ebro.
Comments from my long-lost David in Wales:

"Engine B 19 U = February 19 1953
Clutch L 9 V = September 9 1954
Axle L 8 V = September 8 1954

a tractor built September 1954 start engine/serial number 1308341
October 1954 start engine/serial number 1312911
November 1954 start engine/serial number 1316276

February 1953 1249734
March 1953 1252374

The engine casting number of B 19 U is too early for the casting numbers on clutch & axle. This tractor has been re-fitted with another engine from an earlier date.

Ford were building tractors using engine/clutch/axle all produced within same week/month – they did not stock major parts to use at later dates.

These Majors are 60 years old – in use engines would fail and it was cheap & easy to repair with engines from other Majors. Other parts may have been changed in its working life. It is common in Britain too. Same with the original rear wheels that have been replaced with Ebro Super 55 centres.

All Fordson parts will be marked ENFO = England Ford.

I have the official Ford Motor Company records with casting date codes and the start serial number for each month from 1st January 1951 to last Super Major October 1964 serial number 08D-976148-L {Ford changed the serial numbers on 1 January 1962 with 08D before the numbers}

Take care David".

The serial number is very difficult to read because of the bad condition of the plate, but David in Wales guided me to find data on various parts of the tractor.

Bests Regards: David Ebro.

"A hymn to life the ploughs sing".
(From the tango "Silence" of Carlos Gardel).