injector seal replacement question

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
scottyboy
Not Quite Blue Yet

injector seal replacement question

Post by scottyboy »

I took the valve cover off in an attempt to replace the injector seals that were leaking. I took out this piece that was threaded on both ends that screwed into the injectors and its threads are buggered up and wont thread back into the injector. Is this is a common parts store piece of something that is special? Also wondering what the name is.
https://ibb.co/gKLV36

scottyboy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: injector seal replacement question

Post by scottyboy »

I went to a local hardware store and they have metal piping that i might be able to piece one of these together. The only problem i see with this that it will have big openings on both ends instead of the little holes. Would this create a fuel problem? Im also having a hard time getting one these adaptors off one is stripped. Someone before me was working on this before. Does anyone know what size threads these inlet adaptor pipes are? If this part isnt avaliable where would i be able to buy new injectors for it? Wallet is a bit tight at the moment.

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

You really need to take all four injectors to your local fuel injection engineering workshop and have them overhauled.
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

scottyboy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by scottyboy »

Are new ones avaliable for sale? i would prefer to go with new ones if possible as long as they arent to outrageous in price

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Better to keep the originals. They'll come back like new.

scottyboy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by scottyboy »

Alright one more question when putting the new valve cover gasket on do i need to add any sealant?

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

No sealant required, and not desirable really, as occasionally it's necessary to check and adjust the tappets.
The cork seal will need replacing occasionally, but as long as it is serviceable and is seated correctly it will seal just fine.

scottyboy
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by scottyboy »

Okay thank you very much for the help