Petrol Carb Gasket Set

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Miles
Not Quite Blue Yet

Petrol Carb Gasket Set

Post by Miles »

Does anyone have a source for gasket sets? I have made quite a few over the years but
never started with one that was complete so just guess where the internal holes should
be.

Thanks in advance

Miles
Saskatchewan, Canada

AdrianNPMajor
True Blue

Re: Petrol Carb Gasket Set

Post by AdrianNPMajor »

Hello Miles
Very sorry but I cannot help with this.
Posting this reply to ask for photos of your petrol Major. Would love to see it.
Best, Adrian. :thumbs:

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Petrol Carb Gasket Set

Post by oehrick »

Hi Miles

Can't help with a source but if you have to make one from gasket sheet I generally start with the screwholes by piercing with a small screwdriver or nail then use a sharpened pencil or wooden dowel pressed and twirled into the hole to make the right sized hole, fit a screw and work your way round, then lightly oil or dust with graphite the surfaces between and cut them with nail scissors, made several for Landrovers over the years and while a bit fiddly if you are careful you should manage OK you can cut the outside edges with a craft knife & steel rule if looks matters !

One of the handiest aids for this sort of thing is a set of cork / bung borers as used in chemistry labs, or make them by turning tube down to a shaop edge if you have access to a lathe.

The usual tapping round the edges with a small ball pein hammer is probably asking for trouble with a diecasting that age

Good luck finding a gasket set, or making them if the forces of luck are against you.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes