61 FSM questions

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
FordPtsPro
Not Quite Blue Yet

61 FSM questions

Post by FordPtsPro »

Greetings,

I recently bought a 61 FSM and have been burning up the forum's search feature to learn as much as I could about it. Thank you for sharing so much info over the years, as I found much of what I was looking for. I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers for so I will ask here and see if you can fill me in.

Anyone know if the return elbow coming out of the PS cylinder is standard tube thread? The port is the lower of the two on the cylinder. This elbow has been smashed and bashed multiple times and no amount of tightening will stop the dripping fluid.

As you can see, I only have one fan blade. I thought finding another and stacking them would be easy until I looked at the parts breakdown. Looks like there are two different part numbers for the single blades. Is there any way to ID the blade I have so I can find the other? Or am I reading the breakdown wrong?

There is the remains of a triangular emblem on the side of the hood that I believe is something to do with Live PTO. Anyone reproducing them?

Is there a place to download the Operator's Handbook [in English] on the web? That seems to be the best kept secret on the FSM.
1961 Fordson Super Major.

guduell
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: 61 FSM questions

Post by guduell »

One blade like that i think is normal. Four wings are optional.

The other i do not know.
1958 Major
1953-59 mix with backhoe Hymas type 3 (project)
1961Selene 4wd (project)

FordPtsPro
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: 61 FSM questions

Post by FordPtsPro »

Thank you for the assistance.

I suppose the machine has existed 57 years without a second set of blades, so I should just leave it as is. I just looks so wrong...

I did find out that the tubing is 3/8" double inverted flare but the line nuts on the tractor have oversize hexes compared to the lines available at the auto parts store. I can simply buy a generic prefabricated end.

1961 Fordson Super Major.