Auxilary service control button

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Evos3960
Not Quite Blue Yet

Auxilary service control button

Post by Evos3960 »

Hello Every body
The Auxiliary service control button is seized in the in position on my Super np and I have looked in the parts book ( page 41 ) to try and ascertain what might be wrong with it. I see in the diagram that there is a little ball and spring items 8 and 11 which locate into two recesses on the plunger shaft, and I think that the problem could be there. BUT, if you take the whole remote control unit off the top of the hydraulic top cover I suspect that that little ball and spring will fly out, but what is an even bigger problem is going to be how to get it back in again. Has any one taken the remote control unit apart and able to give a few tips?
regards,
Peter

Emiel
True Blue

Re: Auxilary service control button

Post by Emiel »

Hi,

Probably the plunger is stuck due to rust. Take it off, nothwing will blow away directly. Protect the tractor for debris falling into the hpl cover and soak the valve in diesel or better kerosene for a few days/weeks/months. Try to clean it and try to move the plunger without using violence.

Brian has written in the past on the surface finish of these hydraulic valve parts of the fordsons and not to grind them down etc to prevent leakages in future.

rgds

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964