Think i had better....

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
SvendH
True Blue

Think i had better....

Post by SvendH »

Hello all,
Having been off the forum a couple years and having just read Brians post "joining in discussions" and thinking (he could have been thinking of me!) ….here goes!
I am Danish and live in Denmark which is a small country in Scandinavia,now aged 63.I work as "watch engineer" on a powerstation and live on a small place just large enough (thank god!) to warrant the ownership of a MAJOR .
Fordsons were i big hit on Danish farms when i was a kid and they were literally worked into the ground by industrious and kroner-pinching Danish farmers,so you have to look out when buying one as it is likely a wornout "makeover" diesel/power/super sort of mix :roll:
Having had the thrill of driving a farm Diesel Major :D at the age of 7 ,I was naturaly look an FMD when buying at tractor for the "farm" in the early 2000s.Sadly the FMDs are rare and I had to settle for a very tired and tired-looking super alas without vacume-governer! but still a MAJOR :clap:
So now I am glad to have this fantastic forum-and its wise people :beer:
How is brian by the way?

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Think i had better....

Post by oehrick »

Hi Svend & welcome back, congratulations on your new FMD, they were built for hard work so hopefully yours has life left for you to enjoy.

Other than suffering old age in the leg joints Brian was OK last time I heard from him just after New Year.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Think i had better....

Post by henk »

Welcome back Sven.
You prove Fordson blood crawls where it can not go.:eyes: and once infected with that virus, you will not heal. :scratchhead:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I