wiring harness

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
hazzard
True Blue

wiring harness

Post by hazzard »

Can anyone advise me where to obtain a full wiring harness for a Super Major (with alternator) that includes conduit to wire the rear end please? There are harnesses on ebay but don't seem to have the conduit. TIA.

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: wiring harness

Post by JC »

I would check Agriline. You probably won’t find one for a Super Major with an alternator, because they came with generators.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Good point JC, should be able to use the dynamo field wire in the loom as the alternator field wire - as long as the regulator is no longer in circuit which may mean a short wire extension if the one in the new loom doesn't reach the ignition switch.

Dave and I have 'spoken' on PM particularly about the protective conduit / sleeving to the back lights - is it still available anywhere chaps? or included with any of the looms ??
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

JC

Post by JC »

Is this the conduit that you need? Maybe an antique auto restoration place would have it.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

Mine has a break in exactly the same place JC, must be vulnerable, a bit of black self amalgamating heat shrink sleeve is a reliable cure.
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

hazzard
True Blue

Post by hazzard »

oehrick wrote:Good point JC, should be able to use the dynamo field wire in the loom as the alternator field wire - as long as the regulator is no longer in circuit which may mean a short wire extension if the one in the new loom doesn't reach the ignition switch.

Dave and I have 'spoken' on PM particularly about the protective conduit / sleeving to the back lights - is it still available anywhere chaps? or included with any of the looms ??
Thanks for all replies everyone, I shall search further to find some conduit.

JC

Post by JC »

oehrick wrote:Mine has a break in exactly the same place JC, must be vulnerable, a bit of black self amalgamating heat shrink sleeve is a reliable cure.
That is just a parts tractor, Rick, so I don't really need to repair the wire loom. Its good advice for the guys that need to fix theirs. None of my other Majors have rear lights.

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

hazzard wrote:
oehrick wrote:Good point JC, should be able to use the dynamo field wire in the loom as the alternator field wire - as long as the regulator is no longer in circuit which may mean a short wire extension if the one in the new loom doesn't reach the ignition switch.

I got mine here: https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/ ... ategory/66
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

hazzard
True Blue

Post by hazzard »

mathias1 wrote:
hazzard wrote:

I got mine here: https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/ ... ategory/66

Thanks mathias1, will use them.