My Roadless

This forum is for the Fordson New Major, including the Super Major and the Power Major.
Grani
True Blue

Re: What speed does she do?

Post by Grani »

Bensdexta wrote: I meant to ask "What speed does she do on the 590E?"
Thanks,
Ben
As the boat is a deplacement boat (non planning) the speed is depending on the length of the hull and not the power of the engine. Normal cruising speed is 7 knots and i think 50 hp is in use at that speed and the fuel consumption 7-8 litres/hour. If i open the throttle the speed is not more than 8,2 knots and a thick black cloud shades the sun out and huge waves drowns the seagulls in the area. :wink:

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Pascal wrote:Grani,

How much rpm (min. and max.) does the 590e runs in your tractor? And in your boat?
In my tractor the idling speed is 550 I think, and the max speed is out of scale of the tacometer as it goes only to 2400 rpm.
In the boat the idle is 650 rpm to give full power to the hydraulic bowtruster and max is 2250 rpm with forward gear on and 2500 rpm with neutral.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Grani wrote:
Thanks,
Ben
As the boat is a displacement boat (non planning) the speed is depending on the length of the hull and not the power of the engine. Normal cruising speed is 7 knots and i think 50 hp is in use at that speed and the fuel consumption 7-8 litres/hour. If i open the throttle the speed is not more than 8,2 knots and a thick black cloud shades the sun out and huge waves drowns the seagulls in the area. :wink:
Grani, That was what I was thinking. To get an 11tonne boat to plane would need 100's of horsepower and a fuel consumption to match! At the slower speeds you can do some fishing and the ladies can sunbath on deck. :)
How is the engine work going?
All the best,
Ben

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Bensdexta wrote:
Grani wrote:
Thanks,
Ben
As the boat is a displacement boat (non planning) the speed is depending on the length of the hull and not the power of the engine. Normal cruising speed is 7 knots and i think 50 hp is in use at that speed and the fuel consumption 7-8 litres/hour. If i open the throttle the speed is not more than 8,2 knots and a thick black cloud shades the sun out and huge waves drowns the seagulls in the area. :wink:
Grani, That was what I was thinking. To get an 11tonne boat to plane would need 100's of horsepower and a fuel consumption to match! At the slower speeds you can do some fishing and the ladies can sunbath on deck. :)
How is the engine work going?
All the best,
Ben
I will correct a little missunderstanding. I wrote earlier that the tractor, boat and trailer is 11,5 tons together, the boat alone weighs 6 tons. I don´t do fishings but the ladies on deck are ok. :wink: The engine is ready as far as it can be for the moment. The cylinder head is still off but it has to be to get the engine in trough the sidedoor of the boat. The engine lifting operation has to wait for the snow to melt, so it would be possible in April
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w315 ... 001-19.jpg

Bensdexta
True Blue

Snow

Post by Bensdexta »

Grani wrote: The engine is ready as far as it can be for the moment. The cylinder head is still off but it has to be to get the engine in trough the sidedoor of the boat. The engine lifting operation has to wait for the snow to melt, so it would be possible in April.
How much snow do you have now? Does your boat look like an igloo?
All the best,
Ben

Grani
True Blue

Re: Snow

Post by Grani »

Bensdexta wrote:
Grani wrote: The engine is ready as far as it can be for the moment. The cylinder head is still off but it has to be to get the engine in trough the sidedoor of the boat. The engine lifting operation has to wait for the snow to melt, so it would be possible in April.
How much snow do you have now? Does your boat look like an igloo?
All the best,
Ben
No, not an igloo. We have about 15-20 cm

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Grani wrote:We have about 15-20 cm
Not much! Is that normal for this time of the year?

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Bensdexta wrote:
Grani wrote:We have about 15-20 cm
Not much! Is that normal for this time of the year?
Yes it is about normal. The last winter and the winter before that we had mutch less snow than now. Last winter the sea did not get it´s ice cover and that is not normal, and not mutch now either. I have understand that Finland is the only country in the world where every harbour frises during a normal winter.

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

henk wrote:It's a beayty Grani, :thumbs:

I haven't seen the cab before. It look nice. Was is on the tractor when it was new?
I found a picture of a cab with a label on it and then i send an e-mail to the firm, and here is a google and me translation of the ansver.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Jorgen Kaas in partnership with Runar Lindbäck started to manufacture cabs likely
in 1958 and continued the production until the year 1974. Company established in 1956. Two sailors set up a
firm to prepare Covers, wire and rope work.
Breakthrough in the production, the cabins were Oy Veho An's 50 cabins when ordering David Brown tractors.
Over the years, the manufacturing of its term was extended to all tractors. Models with front loaders, backhoe loaders and
additional installations in other models. Cabins was made a few thousands and the largest model
where likely to Fordson Major's various models, Massey Ferguson, John Deere, Zetor, and Valmet
Manufacturing was up to about 15 people in the hottest period 60-70 century.
Deliveries were made mostly in their districts, and the importer's sales through its network throughout Finland.
Production stopped gradually overturning the models when safety cabin enters the market, and it was unable to Köysityö to
develop its own model that would have been competitive in design and price.

Family Name of the company is currently Hood Ky KJ Kaas which manages the properties in which the
Finnkaihdin name for the marketing and manufacture awnings which we began manufacturing in 1974
other sun protection devices are subject to collection, and import products for large umbrellas and tents.

Sincerely,
Karl-Johan Kaas
Finnkaihdin
Finnogroup Ltd
Sahaajankatu 21
00880 Helsinki
phone +358 (0) 9-7552 1245
+358 (0) 400 401044
kj.kaas @ finnkaihdin.fi
www.finnkaihdin.fi