differential

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
mstainton
Not Quite Blue Yet

differential

Post by mstainton »

hello,would it be possibal to fit a lower ratio diff from another fordson or any other tractor in the backend of a dexta to get abit more road speed.many thanks :)

YorkshireDextaMan
True Blue

Re: differential

Post by YorkshireDextaMan »

How fast will it go fella ??. In 6th flat out my standard Dexta just touches 16mph according to my Sat Nav. i thought that was pretty fast for an older tractor. maybe yours needs a slight adjustment, as to the Diff , i dont know. Jim.
Fordson Dexta, Barn Door Technology at it's best.

mstainton
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by mstainton »

Hi,super does 25mph,I was just wondering if there was a way to get abit more by changing ratios somewhere.cheers

YorkshireDextaMan
True Blue

Post by YorkshireDextaMan »

mstainton wrote:Hi,super does 25mph,I was just wondering if there was a way to get abit more by changing ratios somewhere.cheers
25mph, wow how do you manage that.??? must have a turbo :D , When mines doing 16mph shes reving at 2300rpm, Suppose i could be doing 25 ,, kph that is, which is 16mph in Dexta money. :thumbs:
Fordson Dexta, Barn Door Technology at it's best.

Lesfen
True Blue

Post by Lesfen »

Hi,

Add a few more revs to the engine and........... put on some Super Major rear wheels!

Zoom,
Les

mstainton
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by mstainton »

i carnt workout why your dexta is so slow,we have 4 and the early ones are higher geared,they do nearly 30mph, every dexta ive seen on a road run have been able to do 25-30mph,yours is maybe the golf course model which were lower geared than standard :D

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

I have the same issue. need to by new tires anyway so was thinking of changing from 10-28 to a larger size like 12.7-28 should increase road speed and traction.
Regards,
John