Help! Can anybody I.D my loader

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
Dexydog64
Not Quite Blue Yet

Help! Can anybody I.D my loader

Post by Dexydog64 »

Hi All. Just bought a loader for my Dexta (1958) Was told that the loader was complete but seem to be missing a couple of mounting brackets. Think the loader may be a Horndraulic loader but it has no plate or makers marks. The loader arms are made of box section steel and the bucket has a trip release mechanism. Hope the following photo has uploaded.Hope someone can help and possibly post a photograph of the missing part(s) so tha I can make something suitable.
http://tractorsearch.co.uk/images/images/dscn0869.jpg . The missing part seems to go somewhere under the gearbox/backend to enable the arm with the hole in it to fix to the body of the tractor.

sky blue
True Blue

Re: Help! Can anybody I.D my loader

Post by sky blue »

hi , i cant help with your loader problem but any chance of a picture of
the raditor gaurd iwas thinking of making one and that looks the bussiness.
where does it bolt to and roughfuly some mesurments , sky blue

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That does not look like a Ford ( SteelFab, Horndraulic) loader for a Dexta.

Could be one for a later tractor or could be a MIL, Midlands Industries Loader.

Check this E-Bay item for pictures of a Horndraulic loader. Ford and Steelfab were the same loader, badge engineered.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Noblett
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Noblett »

Hi there that is a mill loader I have one that came with a dexta I bought for spares. The part that you're missing has two plates coming off the gearbox and then a pin linking both of the rear loader brackets together. I have the complete setup and was going to scrap it so let me know if you would like the bits. John

Dexydog64
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Dexydog64 »

Thanks for the info on loader, now that I know it is a mil loader anybody know which model/type? just being fussy. knowledge is great, just wish I could spell.