'58 Dexta Restoration, Continued

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
ddoan
True Blue

Post by ddoan »

Well, here we are at the end of June. I continue to plod along with the restoration of my '58 Dexta. I lost most of the month of May after having a bilateral herenia repair. Did some small stuff, but nothing heavy. For those interested, I now have nearly 350 photos in my photo journal.

Also, if anyone out there is interested in seeing a particular part or assembly, I could pretty easily accomodate. The tractor is almost totally torn down. Feel free to ask and I'll try and photograph it for you.

In the meantime, my trusty companion, Gracie, and I will try and get a little bit done each day.

http://picasaweb.google.com/tractorNstu ... estoration#

Don

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Nice primer, and pooch. I've put a few bushel basket tractors back together, and it takes a lot of time. Most of the time I get them already taken apart, and then the fun begins...... :wink: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

alang
True Blue

Post by alang »

Don,
Great photo show.
Is picture #236 you when you started and #238 you now?
Cheers
Alan

ddoan
True Blue

Post by ddoan »

Ha! Good one, Alan.

You are right, of course. I was a child tractor prodigy. Either that, or this project has REALLY aged me fast.

Actually, my grandson, Ian, just loves working with Papa. The greasier, the better. I'm starting him out young, thinking that in about three years, I can sit in my rocking chair and watch him do the work.

Don