Stop lever fitting on Simms pump

This forum is about the Fordson Dexta, Super Dexta and Petrol Dexta.
npaisnel
True Blue

Stop lever fitting on Simms pump

Post by npaisnel »

The stop lever on the sims pump has a fitting on the end of it that you push the centre core of the stop cable through.

Anyone know what holds that fitting on tho the end of the stop lever?

I have one fitting that was connected to a length of fencing wire that was pushed through the hole in the end of the stop lever.

It looks very much like the fitting was pushed through the stop arm and then just peined over ?

Is that correct?

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Yes.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Oh Bugger

looks like a pump off job to re fit it...unless the bellhousing that hold the diaphragm in place can be removed with the pump in place

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

Hi npaisel just been reading your post if im understanding you right , there is a little round block thing on the end of the leaver with ascrew on it, the stop cable goes through this and the screw is screwed in to hold the cable , there is also abracket on the bell housing of the pump that holds the diffram , this is to keep it stright as it goes to the leaver , hope this helps Gerry

npaisnel
True Blue

Post by npaisnel »

Yes, that is it.
Problem is the little round block thing with the screw on it has come off the lever.
It is fixed to the lever by being pushed through the hole in the lever and then the end peined over.

I was wondering if it is possible to remove the bellhousing and lever from the rest of the pump body. I have not looked at a manual or anything yet to see.

last time I took a pump off a Dexta was about 1992, so can't remember if removing the pump disturbs the timing or not. I remember three bolts in slots in the gear and being able to rotate the gear/pump or pump body to adjust timing, but cant remember if it can all be removed without disturbing the timing.

Can someone let me know if I will need to re time if I remove the pump or if it will go back with timing 'intact'

Neil